This is the plan and implementation from the team IQ Robots (students in Robotics Club) for the “2018 PanHellenic Robotics Competition: Living on Mars”.
Mining in Mars
- There are strong evidence that Mars has great quantities of useful ore like Aluminum, Magnesium, Titanium, Chromium, Gold etc.
- Some scientists believe that we could create mines on Mars.
- In order to export ore from Mars mines in a sustainable way we could build a space elevator to transfer the ore outside the Mars atmosphere.
- An automate vehicle to transfer ore from the mines to the elevator (Initial design)
- An automated space elevator to transfer ore outside the Mars atmosphere to docking platforms. (Initial design)