This is the plan and implementation from the team First Humans on Mars (students in Robotics Club) for the “2018 PanHellenic Robotics Competition: Living on Mars”.
- In September 2015 NASA announced that had strong evidence that there is water on Mars in ice form.
- We could build power plants that would melt ice and rocks to create water and oxygen.
- Furthermore power plants would emit greenhouse gases that could warm the planets atmosphere.
- A factory that conveys large ice cubes and rocks to a melting facility.
- A water pump that transfers water to the human habitats (Building instructions)
- The ice cubes are transported automatically (motion sensor)
- The water pump stops pumping water when the water tank is full automatically. (tilt sensor)